Friday, February 25, 2011

things just don't last..

"I was reborn when you first kissed me. Part of me died when you left me. But now I still live, waiting for the day you return to me."

In my dreams you are mine again
We talk to each other normally
U smile and talk to me
As if nothing was ever wrong
You even offer to help me
Sometimes we go out together
And you hold me too
Then I think I love you
And that you love me too

 
But then I open my eyes
And realise
That what i saw was an illusion
The perfect world shatters
And then I may cry

 
My dreams bring back old memories
of the short but happy time we spent
together, alone, or with others
The purity without the proximity
And the selfless indignation
The beauty of the small world we shared
That made life worth livin

 
All we were was friends
And we were more than happy
To let things be
The way they were, perfec


 
And the way we understood the unsaid
The problems we shared
And helped each other overcome
The secrets which just we both know
And will never tell anyone
Because of the trust that lingers
For the sake of our time together
Ill never break your confidence

 
I remember the times
When we went away
For many days
We would miss each other
And then come back
And make up for the lost time
I would want to share with you

Every little happiness
Every small wonder
Because I knew u would
derive some happiness from mine
I remember our conversations
And your manner
Just about everything
I ever knew about you
I remember and am in no hurry to forget
It was wonderful
I wish I could live in my dreams
And even though somehow
U never wanted to speak to me again
And i never knew what happened
I want you to know
That I still love you
The way I did
When we were together
And will love you the same way

For even though more thana day has passed
And I have registered the fact
That we may never speak again
Its still something I find
very difficult to accept
I still hope that I may wake up
To a reality
Where I dont need to dream of you
Where I dont need to miss you
Where I have you

 
Who would have thought that you were once just a stranger who used to pass me by without even saying hi, when now you’re someone with whom I share the best moments of my life?
I may not get to see you as often as I like, I may not get to hold you in my arms all through the night. But deep in my heart, I truly know, you're the one that I love and I can’t let you go.
I haven’t cried for others the way I’m crying for you, I haven’t showed others the care I’m giving you, I haven’t treated others the way I’m treating you and I haven’t loved anyone the way I’m loving you.
When the time comes that you’ll have to leave me, can you please promise to tell me first? So I can take one last look at my one and only possession before it's gone

No comments: